With an educational background in journalism and public relations, my first experience in design came working primarily with print media. I learned the principles of layout, design, and typography while writing and preparing newsletters, brochures, and flyers for publication. As trends shifted towards digital media, I found myself increasingly working on web-based projects, and in 2015 I returned to college for additional training in web development. Since then, I have been working full-time designing and developing websites.
In my current role as the primary web developer for a marketing company I have had the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects. I have been involved with every aspect of the web development process and am comfortable working on both the front and back ends. I have a results driven approach to website design and understand the role that design plays in the overall objective of conveying a message.
- WordPress (custom theme and plugin development)
- E-commerce (WooCommerce, OpenCart, Shopify, PrestaShop)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro)
Landy Marketing | Coconut Creek, FL
Web Developer March 2017 – Present
- Design and develop new client websites using a variety of platforms.
- Maintain and update existing client websites as well as several internal websites.
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding new and existing web projects.
- Work with design team to maintain brand strategy across platforms.
Freelance Developer and Designer
November 2014 – Present
- Design, develop and maintain client websites.
- Design custom HTML templates
- Develop custom WordPress themes and plugins
McFatter Technical College
2015 Technical Certificate, Web Development
Florida International University
1997 Bachelor of Science, Communications
Miami Dade College
1995 Associate of Arts, Mass Communication